Join the CAFL Appellate Panel
The Committee for Public Counsel Services is now accepting applications for the CAFL appellate panel certification training. Applicants must be admitted to the Massachusetts bar or be eligible for admission by December 12, 2022.
Admission into the training is competitive and not all applicants will be admitted. All admitted applicants must attend the four-day CAFL appellate training program scheduled for January 31, February 2, 7 and 9, 2023. The training, which will be conducted by Zoom, and will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each day. There will also be an orientation by Zoom on January 25, 2023 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. The agency actively seeks to diversify its private attorney panel membership. The application can be found here:
CAFL appellate panel Application – 2023 training
CAFL appellate panel recruitment Notice – 2023 Training
CAFL appellate panel attorneys are compensated at $85/hour. If you have any questions about the CAFL Appellate Panel or the certification training please contact Abigail Salois, CAFL Appellate Panel Support Unit Supervising Attorney, email@example.com.
Appellate Practice Tools and Resources
Appellate Packet for Trial Attorneys
- Notice of Appeal (for final appeals only)
- Motion for Appointment of Appellate Counsel (for final appeals only)
- Motion for Fees and Costs of Appeal (for final appeals mostly, but may be needed for a single justice petition)
- Appellate Assignment Intake Form (final appeals only)
- Appellate Assignment Intake Form (Single Justice appeals only)
- CAFL Appellate Guide for Trial Attorneys (Note: Every trial attorney should read this to know what to expect, and what they need to do, in their single justice or final appeal)
If you have any questions, please contact CAFL Appellate Panel Supervising Staff Attorney, Abigail Salois at firstname.lastname@example.org, or CAFL Trial Panel Director, Drew Don at email@example.com.
Children and Family Law (CAFL) attorneys can access additional substantive practice information on the CPCS page of MyGideon.org.
See all Professional Resources