POTENTIAL RIGHT TO RELIEF FOR ANYONE ON GPS MONITORING IN MASSACHUSETTS
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY WEARING A GPS DEVICE AS A CONDITION OF YOUR PROBATION AND/OR PAROLE IN MASSACHUSETTS, OUR OFFICE MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU IN REMOVING THE DEVICE.
CALL OUR CONFIDENTIAL GPS MESSAGE LINE AT 617-910-5850 OR FILL OUT AND SUBMIT THE FORM BELOW TO FIND OUT IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF COUNSEL AND POTENTIAL REMOVAL OF THE DEVICE.
Two decisions from the Supreme Judicial Court (the highest court in Massachusetts) ruled that GPS monitoring cannot be imposed without a proper hearing in front of a judge.
You have a right to a lawyer to determine whether an adequate hearing was held in your case, and to challenge the continuation of your GPS monitoring. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be assigned to represent you at no charge to you.
If you challenge your GPS device, and that challenge is successful, a judge will vacate that condition of your probation and the device must be removed.
It is up to you to decide whether you want to take any next steps.
- If you do nothing, you will continue to wear the GPS device until the end of your probation and/or parole.
- If you fill out the form below, and it is determined that you cannot afford to hire a lawyer, a lawyer will be assigned to your case at no cost to you and will contact you to discuss whether you should seek removal of the GPS device.
- If your income is too high to qualify for an appointed lawyer, you may hire a lawyer. If you do not already have a lawyer, you may be able to find one by contacting the Massachusetts Bar Association (617-654-0400), the Boston Bar Association (617-742-0625), or other bar association lawyer referral services.
- You may also leave a message at 617-910-5850. Please leave the following information:
- Your name (please spell first and last name);
- Your telephone number, email address and mailing address;
- The court where your case was resolved;
- The case number (if you have it); and
- The name of the attorney who represented you previously.
Please note the message line is not staffed but the voicemails are checked daily.