Amy Karp, Training Director
Katharine Klubock, Supervising Attorney
Katrina Krywonis, Legal Training Attorney
Rebecca Amdemariam, Legal Training Attorney
Catherine Madsen – Rotating Legal Training Attorney
Jacquelyn Diaz, Administrative Assistant
Join the CAFL Trial Panel!
We need zealous, effective attorneys who want to protect the rights of parents and children in Care and Protection and Child Requiring Assistance (CRA) cases.
Attorneys accepted into this training will receive a “certification payment” of $5032 upon the following: 1) successful completion of the CAFL Trial Panel Certification Training; and 2) within twelve months of completing the training the attorney (a) receives appointments on 12 care and protection cases, and (b) submits 600 hours of billing on care and protection cases.
The training will include a brief orientation on Zoom on March 13, followed by hybrid training sessions from March 18 through May 2, 2024. Sessions consist of in-person and live Zoom sessions, as well as self-directed learning. Successful completion enables certification for care and protection and child requiring assistance (CRA) cases.
Read flyer below and apply for CAFL Trial Panel Training by March 1st.
Full Announcement: CAFL Trial Panel Training Announcement Spring 2024
Application link can be found here.
Important Notice: CAFL CLE Changes for Fiscal Year 2024
The process for submitting FY24 CLEs will be different from past fiscal years. Please read the following carefully to ensure that your CLE credits are processed.
- Emma Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the new point person for CAFL CLEs. Please do not send CLE-related questions or documents to Rita Caso unless explicitly instructed to do so.
- Fill out this form for each CAFL-approved training you complete: https://www.cognitoforms.com/committeeforpubliccounselservices/caflcleaffirmationform. You no longer need to submit certificates or affirmation documents. The signed electronic form is sufficient to affirm attendance.
- When you submit the form, you will receive an automatic confirmation for your records. You will not receive further confirmation from Emma, but you can reach out to her with any questions.
- Please check the CPCS Training Calendar first to see if a program is approved for credit. You can find the calendar If you would like to request credit for a program that is not on the list, please email email@example.com.
- Note about recordings of past trainings: In addition to future training programs, attorneys can take advantage of the many recorded webinars approved for credit in prior years. Recordings of CPCS trainings can be found on MyGideon.org. If you are having trouble logging in to MyGideon, please email CAFLtraining@publiccounsel.net. There are also recordings of approved webinars available on the websites of outside organizations such as MCLE, the Children’s Bureau, the NACC and the ABA.