Our attorneys are appointed by the Juvenile Court or the Probate and Family Court to represent children and indigent parents in child welfare matters, including care and protection proceedings (C&P’s), children requiring assistance cases (CRA’s), actions to terminate parental rights, guardianships, and any other child custody proceeding where the Department of Children and Families (DCF) is a party or where the court is considering granting custody to DCF.

If you have questions about your case, you should first speak with your attorney. If you do not know who has been appointed to represent you, contact the clerk’s office in the court where your case is being heard. For a list of Juvenile Courts by county, click here. For a list of Probate and Family Courts by county, click here.

If you know the name of your attorney, but you do not know how to reach him or her, you can search our
directory or the Board of Bar Overseers website.

If you are unhappy with your legal representation and want to file a formal complaint, you may submit the CAFL Complaint Form to our administrative office. One of our administrative staff members will contact you to discuss your complaint.

Filing a Complaint

  • By Telephone: Contact Drew Don, CAFL Trial Panel Director, (617) 910-5838.
  • By Electronic or Regular Mail: To access the electronic form, please click here: CAFL Complaint Form. Please submit electronically to CAFLAttorney@publiccounsel.net.  You may also mail the complaint form or submit a written complaint to the attention of: Drew Don, CAFL Trial Panel Director, Committee for Public Counsel Services, 75 Federal Street, 6th Floor, Boston, MA  02110.  An administrative staff member will contact you to discuss the complaint.

Resources for Parents

Resources for Youth

Additional Resources

Helpful Websites

Image Credit: freedigitalphotos.net

I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.