The following information is for for individuals wanting to know more about what happens in juvenile court. If you have any questions please contact the YAD Training Unit.
Publications for clients/parents
- Frequently Asked Parent Questions
- “Now That You Are On Probation” explains the responsibilities of the probationer and includes tips for staying out of DYS after the term of probation has been completed.
- Now that You’re in Juvenile Court explains what to expect when you get notice that you have to appear in juvenile court.
- Massachusetts resources for LGBTQI and Gender Nonconforming youth and their families
- YAD Expungement Guide
Court contact and location information
DYS Intake – to locate a youth held at the Department of Youth Services
Information about placements may not be available until late in the afternoon on the day the youth is placed in DYS. Call the area intake office closest to where you live and they will be able to tell you where your child is being held. You can then call this program to find out visiting times and rules.
- Metro Boston – (617) 740-0211
- Central – (508) 792-7611
- Southeastern – (508) 821-2717 x817
- Western – (413) 784-1193