Becoming a CPCS Social Services Expert Vendor
- No expert will get paid for his or her time until they have become a CPCS vendor. Unfortunately even if the expert is a vendor for another state agency, such as DMH, DMR, MBHP, Mass Rehab, the expert must apply to become a vendor for CPCS.
- The information and forms to apply are found on the CPCS website at the link below: http://www.publiccounsel.net/cfo/billing/court-cost-billing/
- Here is the link to the current vendor manual with information about the qualifications needed to be a vendor and the rates paid: https://www.publiccounsel.net/gc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/Court-Cost-Vendor-Manual-Ver-1.2-Jan-2019.pdf
- Please submit your completed application, including the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendor Application: Expert-Vendor-Application-Rev.March-2017
- Resume or C.V.
- Copy of your license(s) (if applicable) or if not currently licensed, copy of your diploma
- Once you submit your application, a team of CPCS staff will review your application to confirm your credentials meet requirements based on the vendor manual, and determine the educational level at which you meet these requirements. This information will be transmitted to vendor payment staff, who will contact you and send you the following forms needed to set up your Vbill account (these forms can also be found on the CPCS website at this link: http://www.publiccounsel.net/cfo/billing/court-cost-billing/#vendor)
- W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- The original W-9 form (even if you have previously submitted a W-9 to another state agency) must be submitted by mail with a cover letter on office letterhead to:
Committee for Public Counsel Services
Attn: Vendor Maintenance Clerk
44 Bromfield Street, 4th Fl
Boston, MA 02108
- Vendors must also agree to bill CPCS in accordance with the established rates for their discipline and qualified degree. Travel time is billed separately, at the hourly rate. Please refer to the information in the current court cost vendor manual here: https://www.publiccounsel.net/gc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/Court-Cost-Vendor-Manual-Ver-1.2-Jan-2019.pdf