- Escobar Assent: 0984CR10059 Comm. v. Escobar (03.22.2021) as Filed
- CPCS and SCDAO Statements: https://twitter.com/CPCSnews/status/1374092746013749256
- Boston Globe Article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/03/22/metro/suffolk-district-attorney-rachael-rollins-drop-charges-convictions-tens-thousands-cases-tied-troubled-state-lab/
CPCS is working to identify those cases impacted by this decision, assist in the dismissals, and assign attorneys for individuals who have suffered enhanced sentences or other collateral consequences as a result of the conviction that will be dismissed.
We are prioritizing those individuals who may currently be incarcerated due to these convictions.
To request assistance please fill out the form below. Providing your docket number is very helpful as well as current contact information. If you do not have your docket number please indicate in which court you were convicted. If possible, please indicate in the Concerns/Notes section which category from the list below you believe you fall into (you may choose more than one).
- You are currently incarcerated due to a conviction that should be vacated under this decision.
- You are currently incarcerated on a charge and the sentence was enhanced due to a prior drug charge that you believe may now be vacated.
- You want to know if your drug conviction from Suffolk County is one that will be vacated.
- You were convicted of a drug charge you believe should now be vacated, and that prior conviction influenced your decision to plead guilty on a subsequent case.
- You pleaded guilty to more than one charge, but one of the drug charges was one that you believe will be vacated.
- You are requesting information on how to obtain fees or fines you paid on the dismissed case.
- You are requesting information on how to seal or expunge a record (we will not assign an attorney for this but can provide you with some basic information)
- You are requesting information on how to make sure your “CORI” is updated to reflect the dismissal of this charge
Please note that a response may take a few weeks, depending on the number of inquiries we receive. If you would rather leave a phone message with this information please call 1-888-999-2881.