Private Counsel Billing
The Private Counsel billing staff processes Legal Service bills submitted through the Ebill 2.0 systems. It also processes Notice of Assignment of Counsel (NAC) records submitted by the MassCourts system and also paper NAC forms submitted by the courts.
A link to the Assigned Counsel Manual is in the sidebar on the right side of this page. Please review this manual. The Billing Policies and Procedures are in Chapter 5 of this manual.
To download or view the EBill 2.0 User Manual click the following link: EBill 2.0 User Manual
To apply to become a new State Vendor or to Update your current State Vendor information, click here.
Private Counsel Billing Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact our staff at email@example.com for any of the following:
- Attorney assignment questions (both MassCourts and paper NACs).
- Questions regarding the EBill system or the status of your submitted EBill.
- Questions regarding Associate and Paralegal bills, No-case duty day bills, Supervisor bills, out-of-state travel, and requests for EBill adjustments or corrections.
- To reopen a criminal, SORB, or Mental Health NAC. Please see the CAFL webpage regarding the procedure for reopening or closing CAFL NAC.
- Any other questions or assistance with regard to private counsel billing.
The following may be helpful if the EBill team cannot help you:
- To follow-up on the status of your application to be a State Vendor or an update to this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 3 weeks from submittal before checking on the status.
- For questions on how to approve your vendor’s Vbill, please contact email@example.com
- If you are requesting that a payment be stopped and replaced, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The following forms must be completed by all new vendors/attorneys:
A W-9 form must be completed for existing attorneys who need to update their vendor information. If you are not getting paid by Direct Deposit it is required that you complete the EFT form to be paid by Direct Deposit. If you have Direct Deposit and are changing banks, please complete the EFT form.
Please mail the completed forms to:
Committee for Public Counsel Services
Accounts Payable Unit
44 Bromfield St.
Boston, MA 02108
EFT Authorization (We cannot accept a Starter Check, the attached check must be pre-printed with your [or your firm’s] name and address)
EBill 2.0 Access Agreement
Attorney Certification Form
Liability Insurance Letter