Court-appointed attorneys seeking information about civil consequences and/ or community resources are encouraged to explore the information below. This Civil Consequences Checklist is a helpful resource to use when speaking with your clients and assessing the potential civil consequences they may face.
- Find Legal Aid Looking for advice or representation in a civil matter? Find the civil legal services providers for your area.
- MassLegalHelp Information about civil legal issues
- Health Care For All Information about health coverage in Massachusetts. Hotline open M-F, 9-5: 1-800-272-4232
- Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance Welfare (cash) benefits and food stamps. Find office locations here.
- Social Security Administration Social Security benefits. Find Massachusetts office locations here.
- Massachusetts Bail Fund Attorneys interested in referring a client to the Massachusetts Bail Fund should email email@example.com or call 617-651-BAIL (2245). All referrals must be made by court-appointed counsel.
- Criminal charges and employment consequences
- CORI sealing
- Criminal charges and federal financial aid for higher education
- Child support and incarceration
- Health Insurance Resources
- Veterans Resources
- Military consequences
- Driver’s License Consequences