Kudos to Miriam, Beau & everyone who contributed to the MHLD Newsletter April 2021
Interesting, informative and helpful.
Here are the headlines:
- Upcoming Webinars – check them out on the Training Page
- Why Race Matters Speaker Series: We encourage you to register for the April 26th session on the Harvard Study on Racism in the Criminal Justice System. There will be MHLD-specific breakout sessions on how to raise and litigate racial bias in mental health cases.
- April is National “Minority” Health Month – Resources to keep you informed
- CDC Declares Racism a Serious Public Health Threat
- Resources for Culturally Responsive Behavioral Health
- Research Shows Neurological and Psychiatric Outcomes from COVID article from Lancet
- Recent SJC Arguments by the Appellate Unit
- April 5 In the Matter of K.I. “Impounded Case” SJC-13081
- April 9 In the Matter of P.R. “Impounded Case” SJC-13068
- To watch the arguments, go to the Suffolk/SJC archive page: https://boston.suffolk.edu/sjc/archive.php
- New Attorneys Joining the Guardianship Panel after completing certification training. Thanks to all who helped