2012 Legislative Changes Affecting Attorney Bill Payment Policies
General Billing Questions:
General questions can be answered here
(refer to links below or the CPCS Assigned Counsel Manual for more details)
Scope of Services of CPCS
Hourly rates for the compensation of attrorneys are established by the legislature. Current rates can be viewed at Sec. Chapter 5 sec. 33 of the CPCS Assigned Counsel Manual.
Payment structure for compensation of attorneys
(link to Chap. 5 sec. 33 of the CPCS Assigned Counsel Manual)
Forms for Billing, Instructions, and Other Documentation
Payment Voucher - Policy and instructions
* Payment Voucher form to download
Attorney Vendor Information - (Includes New Attorney Vendor
Certification form, W-9 form, E-Bill Pin Agreement form)
Professional Liability Insurance Form
Request for Verification of Taxation Reporting Information (W-9 form) - to download (Please note the information below)
- instructions are on page 2 of the form
- use this form for a change of vendor information i.e. billing address, vendor code, name, etc.
- upon completion of this form, it must be submitted with:
(1) a copy of your BBO card - the remittance address on the W-9 form must be the same as that on file with the BBO.
(2) a signed letter on office letterhead (if available) authorizing CPCS to effect the change(s) with the State Comptroller.
(3) A completed professional liability insurance form together with the required insurance information.
(4) this information should be mailed to:
Committee for Public Counsel Services
Attn: Vendor Maintenance Clerk
One Congress Street, Suite 102
Boston, MA 02114